Re: pgsql and php with windows.

From
babu
Date:
Thanks for the reply.

> I am trying to use ssl mode when connecting to pgsql via php.
> i have used the method pg_conncet with sslmode and require option.
> But it gets an error "Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: sslmode
> value "require" invalid when SSL support is not compiled in ".

>You have to recompile PostgreSQL with SSL support (or get packages with
>SSL support compiled in.)

is it possible to add ssl support for the existing postgresql db.bcos i have imporatant info in it.
what are the options for the recompilation.
thanks
babu

question : postgres + Powerbuilder

From
Hugo
Date:
Hi everybody, is there anybody developing apps with powerbuilder and postgres as the db server ? my problem is that I have a function in postgres to import data from a csv file that resides in the server, in pb a declare that function as a store procedure and then I call it with the PowerBuilder execute command, but nothing happens ( no data is imported), if I check for an error after the execution of the statement in PB  there is no error from the server,so I dont know what could be wrong,  but if I call de function from de interactive sql in pagadmin3 the function does what it is intended to do, i call the function this way in pgadmin interactive sql : select my_echema.fn_function_import_dataxx()

any help is welcome

thanks in advance

Hugo

Re: question : postgres + Powerbuilder

From
Hugo
Date:
sorry, forgot to mention that the server is 8.0.3 and is running on a fedora core 3 server

[...]

Matt Miller
Date:

Take a look at http://pbpgsql.spiderbark.com/index.php

Re: pgsql and php with windows.

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 04:03:02PM +0100, babu wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> > I am trying to use ssl mode when connecting to pgsql via php.
> > i have used the method pg_conncet with sslmode and require option.
> > But it gets an error "Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: sslmode
> > value "require" invalid when SSL support is not compiled in ".
>
> >You have to recompile PostgreSQL with SSL support (or get packages with
> >SSL support compiled in.)
>
> is it possible to add ssl support for the existing postgresql db.bcos
> i have imporatant info in it.

Hmm, since you are using the Windows version, I'm not really sure.  If
you have the right compiler and environment, it'd be just a matter of
getting the source for the same version you have installed, and then
"configure --with-openssl".

It'd surprise me however to learn that the Windows package doesn't have
SSL support ... may I ask where did you get the server package?

"[PostgreSQL] is a great group; in my opinion it is THE best open source
development communities in existence anywhere."                (Lamar Owen)