Re: pgsql and php with windows. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pgsql and php with windows.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 04:03:02PM +0100, babu wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> > I am trying to use ssl mode when connecting to pgsql via php.
> > i have used the method pg_conncet with sslmode and require option.
> > But it gets an error "Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: sslmode
> > value "require" invalid when SSL support is not compiled in ".
>
> >You have to recompile PostgreSQL with SSL support (or get packages with
> >SSL support compiled in.)
>
> is it possible to add ssl support for the existing postgresql db.bcos
> i have imporatant info in it.

Hmm, since you are using the Windows version, I'm not really sure.  If
you have the right compiler and environment, it'd be just a matter of
getting the source for the same version you have installed, and then
"configure --with-openssl".

It'd surprise me however to learn that the Windows package doesn't have
SSL support ... may I ask where did you get the server package?

"[PostgreSQL] is a great group; in my opinion it is THE best open source
development communities in existence anywhere."                (Lamar Owen)