pg_restore: [custom archiver] could not uncompress data: incorrect data check

From
Janning Vygen
Date:
Hi,

i dumped my database on server1 with pg_dump -Fc ..., copied the dump to
server2, both same pgsql version 7.4.6

pg_restore says
pg_restore: [custom archiver] could not uncompress data: incorrect data check

But it "seems" that almost any data was restored.

What does this error mean. I didn't found anything in the archives (searched
google with 'pg_restore "incorrect data check"'). Just one unanswered message
( http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2003-08/msg01035.php )

kind regards,
janning

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 12:22:57PM +0100, Janning Vygen wrote:

> i dumped my database on server1 with pg_dump -Fc ..., copied the dump to
> server2, both same pgsql version 7.4.6

How are you copying the file?

> pg_restore says
> pg_restore: [custom archiver] could not uncompress data: incorrect data check

"incorrect data check" appears to be a zlib error.  Is there any
chance the file got corrupted?  Can you duplicate the problem if
you do another dump?

What OS and version of zlib are you using on each server?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/