pg_restore: [custom archiver] could not uncompress data: incorrect data check - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Janning Vygen
Subject pg_restore: [custom archiver] could not uncompress data: incorrect data check
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

i dumped my database on server1 with pg_dump -Fc ..., copied the dump to
server2, both same pgsql version 7.4.6

pg_restore says
pg_restore: [custom archiver] could not uncompress data: incorrect data check

But it "seems" that almost any data was restored.

What does this error mean. I didn't found anything in the archives (searched
google with 'pg_restore "incorrect data check"'). Just one unanswered message
( http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2003-08/msg01035.php )

kind regards,
janning