PL/pgSQL Cookbook

From
"Lee Harr"
Date:
Hi;

I have been writing a ton of PL/pgSQL lately. It seems like there is
probably a lot of code out there that would be of general use to
other people. I looked around for a "postgres cookbook" but only
found a few dead links.

There is one on
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/oresources.php
(http://www.brasileiro.net/postgres/cookbook)
which is not working.

Am I just looking in the wrong place?

I posted a function a few weeks ago -- week_start() to find the
first date in a given year/ week -- but never saw any responses.
Is anyone else interested in sharing functions?

Seems like this would fit well on techdocs. Is something like this
planned for the new collaborative website framework?

Re: PL/pgSQL Cookbook

From
elein
Date:
There are examples along with articles and explanations
on General Bits.  http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/

Some examples are in the Tidbits section and some
are simply interspersed in the articles themselves.

PostgreSQL General Bits is a weekly column of tidbits
and information derived loosely from the pgsql-general
mailing list.

--elein
elein@varlena.com

On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 07:42:41PM +0430, Lee Harr wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I have been writing a ton of PL/pgSQL lately. It seems like there is
> probably a lot of code out there that would be of general use to
> other people. I looked around for a "postgres cookbook" but only
> found a few dead links.
>
> There is one on
> http://techdocs.postgresql.org/oresources.php
> (http://www.brasileiro.net/postgres/cookbook)
> which is not working.
>
> Am I just looking in the wrong place?
>
> I posted a function a few weeks ago -- week_start() to find the
> first date in a given year/ week -- but never saw any responses.
> Is anyone else interested in sharing functions?
>
> Seems like this would fit well on techdocs. Is something like this
> planned for the new collaborative website framework?

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: PL/pgSQL Cookbook

From
joseph speigle
Date:
I was thinking about this.  Couldn't you start a project on gborg for it, calling it a pl/pgsql repository.  If you put
itunder Developer Tools it would be found easily, I think.
I imagined the mailing list for the site being used as the submission tool.
Anyhow, like many people, I could contribute quite a bit of code, too.