From
Jerry LeVan
Date:
BiggerSQL-1.2.4 was released recently BiggerSQL is a Cocoa based
Postgresql browser
for Mac OS X.

This release fixes a couple of bugs and adds a couple on new features.

 From the Version History document:

Jun 12, 2004 Version 1.2.4 released. I cleaned up a big memory leak in
the outline view window. A bug in the relogin procedure that caused the
script menu to be improperly rebuild was fixed. The File menu has a new
item "Visually Display NULL fields". When checked, "<NULL>" is displayed
in every field that is null in the results window, when unchecked the
field is filled with the empty string.  There are several changes with
the Scripts menu. The Script menu will now will construct submenus
matching the directory structure of the Script Folder. When an item is
selected from the Scripts menu, the path name of the script will be
inserted at the top of the editor panel as a sql comment.  The Script
menu now has an item "Update Script Menu". When selected, this item will
cause the Script menu to be rebuilt.  Execution time in milliseconds is
now displayed in the Status window. Clicking on a field name in the info
drawer will now transfer the name to the edit window.

BiggerSQL can be found at http://homepage.mac.com/levanj/Cocoa

Enjoy

Jerry

Re:

From
"Scrappy"
Date:
fotoinfo

Re:

From
David Helgason
Date:
Beatiful work!

I'm already using it instead of the similar <italic>Postman
Query</italic> program.

d.

<excerpt>BiggerSQL-1.2.4 was released recently BiggerSQL is a Cocoa
based Postgresql browser

for Mac OS X.

This release fixes a couple of bugs and adds a couple on new features.

From the Version History document:

[...]

---------------------------(end of
broadcast)---------------------------

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

</excerpt>
Beatiful work!

I'm already using it instead of the similar Postman Query program.

Date:
>Screen and Music

Re:

From
"Scrappy"
Date:
Screen

Re:

From
"Scrappy"
Date:

Re:

From
Vitaly Belman
Date:
> could phppgadmin serve your purpose?
> http://phppgadmin.sourceforge.net/

Not exactly... I am looking for a more customized ways to present a
user an option to edit the data. For example, a user will click an
edit link on a certain item (from the main interface) and he'll be
presented with a form that allows him easily to edit this specific
items. Notice, that the user won't see the regular column names or IDs
as he would with any raw database admin system, instead, he'd see the
softer version with easy field names and where IDs are automatically
formed into listboxes.

I found several systems that get close to the idea, but none is
exactly what I'm looking for:

DBForm (http://dbform.sourceforge.net/): Seems quite good, if I will
be able to grasp all its functions as its original form is not exactly
what I need.

NetXTensio (http://www.interaktonline.com/Products/Dreamweaver-Extensions/NeXTensio/Overview/)
- It is a dreamweaver extension... Besides being expensive I couldn't
to get it work properly with PostgreSQL :(.

If someone has another ideas I'd be glad to hear.

--
 ICQ: 1912453
 AIM: VitalyB1984

Re:

From
f-f@club-internet.fr
Date:
Thanks for your answer!

I would like to kill only a postgres session not postmaster.
The table pg_session indicates the pid of the wrong session but kill -INT <pid> didn't stop this session.

pg_ctl works fine when i want to stop postmaster with the argument '-m immediate stop'