Re: - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vitaly Belman
Subject Re:
Date
List pgsql-general
> could phppgadmin serve your purpose?
> http://phppgadmin.sourceforge.net/

Not exactly... I am looking for a more customized ways to present a
user an option to edit the data. For example, a user will click an
edit link on a certain item (from the main interface) and he'll be
presented with a form that allows him easily to edit this specific
items. Notice, that the user won't see the regular column names or IDs
as he would with any raw database admin system, instead, he'd see the
softer version with easy field names and where IDs are automatically
formed into listboxes.

I found several systems that get close to the idea, but none is
exactly what I'm looking for:

DBForm (http://dbform.sourceforge.net/): Seems quite good, if I will
be able to grasp all its functions as its original form is not exactly
what I need.

NetXTensio (http://www.interaktonline.com/Products/Dreamweaver-Extensions/NeXTensio/Overview/)
- It is a dreamweaver extension... Besides being expensive I couldn't
to get it work properly with PostgreSQL :(.

If someone has another ideas I'd be glad to hear.

--
 ICQ: 1912453
 AIM: VitalyB1984