HELP

From
Marek Nowiński
Date:
I accidentaly deleted over 1.000.000 records from one table in my
database. Is there any way to recover them? Please help me as soon
as possible...

After the records were deleted, no other operation was made on the
database. In fact, all the postgres services were shut down.
I found a xlog file containing those records but I don't know the
structure of this file.
This is Postgres 7.2.1 on Mandrake 8.1

Marek Nowiński

Re: HELP

From
Richard Huxton
Date:
Marek Nowiński wrote:
> I accidentaly deleted over 1.000.000 records from one table in my
> database. Is there any way to recover them? Please help me as soon
> as possible...
>
> After the records were deleted, no other operation was made on the
> database. In fact, all the postgres services were shut down.
> I found a xlog file containing those records but I don't know the
> structure of this file.
> This is Postgres 7.2.1 on Mandrake 8.1

Well - you'll probably need to wait until a developer can make a
suggestion to get your data back. However, I do know enough to say that
your data will still be there - so long as no further action takes place
you'll be alright.

You'll probably want to take a backup of your whole .../data/ directory
to be on the safe side. At a guess, it might be enough to rewind your
current transaction-id and pg_dump that table, but I'm really out of my
depth here.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd