Re: HELP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: HELP
Date
List pgsql-general
Marek Nowiński wrote:
> I accidentaly deleted over 1.000.000 records from one table in my
> database. Is there any way to recover them? Please help me as soon
> as possible...
>
> After the records were deleted, no other operation was made on the
> database. In fact, all the postgres services were shut down.
> I found a xlog file containing those records but I don't know the
> structure of this file.
> This is Postgres 7.2.1 on Mandrake 8.1

Well - you'll probably need to wait until a developer can make a
suggestion to get your data back. However, I do know enough to say that
your data will still be there - so long as no further action takes place
you'll be alright.

You'll probably want to take a backup of your whole .../data/ directory
to be on the safe side. At a guess, it might be enough to rewind your
current transaction-id and pg_dump that table, but I'm really out of my
depth here.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd