how can Iconnect a Postgres database using odbc in c language?

From
masculinu@hotmail.com (Maus)
Date:
I know the following java instructions for connecting a DB (oracle in
this case):

import java.sql......

try {
     Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");
     String dbUrl ="jdbc:oracle:thin:@"+host+":"+port+":"+sid;
     Connection m_connection =
DriverManager.getConnection(dbUrl,user,passwd);
     Statement m_statement = m_connection.createStatement();
    }
catch (ClassNotFoundException ex) {}

I'd like to know the equivalent instructions in C language using ODBC
for connecting a Postgres DB (with also includes library)

Please, is there anyone can tell me which these C language
instructions are?

Thanks and bye,
Maus

Re: how can Iconnect a Postgres database using odbc in c language?

From
Paul Thomas
Date:
On 02/07/2004 16:02 Maus wrote:
> [snip]
> I'd like to know the equivalent instructions in C language using ODBC
> for connecting a Postgres DB (with also includes library)
>
> Please, is there anyone can tell me which these C language
> instructions are?

ODBC involves a fair bit more programming than JDBC. I suggest you search
the net for an ODBC tutorial. You can find the API documentation on
Microsoft's web site.

HTH

--
Paul Thomas
| Thomas Micro Systems Limited | Software Solutions for
Business             |
| Computer Consultants         |