could not access file "$libdir/plpython" when restoring

From
Clodoaldo Pinto Neto
Date:
Hi all,

I'm restoring a database from 7.3.4 FC1 to 7.4.2 FC2:

[cpn@s1 bak]$ pg_restore -d KakaoStats KakaoStats.dump
pg_restore: [compressão de arquivo (banco de dados)]
could not execute query: ERROR:  could not access file
"$libdir/plpython": No such file or directory

The dump was generated with the command:

[cpn@s00 bak]$ pg_dump -Fc KakaoStats >
KakaoStats.dump

What value should $libdir contain? How to make it
permantent?

Tried createlang:

[cpn@s1 bak]$ createlang --echo plpythonu KakaoStats
SELECT oid FROM pg_language WHERE lanname =
'plpythonu';
SELECT oid FROM pg_proc WHERE proname =
'plpython_call_handler' AND prorettype = (SELECT oid
FROM pg_type WHERE typname = 'language_handler') AND
pronargs = 0;
CREATE FUNCTION "plpython_call_handler" () RETURNS
language_handler AS '$libdir/plpython' LANGUAGE C;
CREATE LANGUAGE "plpythonu" HANDLER
"plpython_call_handler";
createlang: instalação da linguagem falhou: ERROR:
could not access file "$libdir/plpython": No such file
or directory

Regards,
Clodoaldo Pinto

Yahoo! Mail agora com 100MB, anti-spam e antivírus grátis!
http://br.info.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: could not access file "$libdir/plpython" when

From
mike g
Date:
Seems your FC2 box did not have the python language support compiled
into the version of postgresql that was installed on that box or
possibly not installed in the template1 database so it would be
available to any other database created in your FC2.

I do believe python is included in the rpm versions of postgresql that
are put on the mirrors.  Did you compile it from source?  If so
recompile and add the python option.

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 20:33, Clodoaldo Pinto Neto wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm restoring a database from 7.3.4 FC1 to 7.4.2 FC2:
>
> [cpn@s1 bak]$ pg_restore -d KakaoStats KakaoStats.dump
> pg_restore: [compressão de arquivo (banco de dados)]
> could not execute query: ERROR:  could not access file
> "$libdir/plpython": No such file or directory
>
> The dump was generated with the command:
>
> [cpn@s00 bak]$ pg_dump -Fc KakaoStats >
> KakaoStats.dump
>
> What value should $libdir contain? How to make it
> permantent?
>
> Tried createlang:
>
> [cpn@s1 bak]$ createlang --echo plpythonu KakaoStats
> SELECT oid FROM pg_language WHERE lanname =
> 'plpythonu';
> SELECT oid FROM pg_proc WHERE proname =
> 'plpython_call_handler' AND prorettype = (SELECT oid
> FROM pg_type WHERE typname = 'language_handler') AND
> pronargs = 0;
> CREATE FUNCTION "plpython_call_handler" () RETURNS
> language_handler AS '$libdir/plpython' LANGUAGE C;
> CREATE LANGUAGE "plpythonu" HANDLER
> "plpython_call_handler";
> createlang: instalação da linguagem falhou: ERROR:
> could not access file "$libdir/plpython": No such file
> or directory
>
> Regards,
> Clodoaldo Pinto

Re: could not access file "$libdir/plpython" when restoring

From
Clodoaldo Pinto Neto
Date:
The postgresql was installed by anaconda installer
during the box setup.

Tried to install to template1 as postgres with no
success:

bash-2.05b$ createlang plpythonu template1

Date:
=?iso-8859-1?q?Clodoaldo=20Pinto=20Neto?= <clodoaldo_pinto@yahoo.com.br> writes:
> The postgresql was installed by anaconda installer
> during the box setup.

Perhaps you forgot to include the postgresql-pl package?  IIRC that
is where most of the plXXX.so files are distributed.

            regards, tom lane

Re: could not access file "$libdir/plpython" when restoring

From
Clodoaldo Pinto Neto
Date:
Installing postgres-pl made it work. Also installed
postgres-python.

Thank You,
Clodoaldo Pinto