Restoring template1

From
Michal Taborsky
Date:
Hi there.

I had a weak moment and accidentally ran a dump restore script on
template1 instead of proper database. So my template1 is now polluted
with many tables, sequences and the like.

Is there a way to restore a pristine template1? I haven't done any
modifications to it, so I'd be good with the one distributed with
default installation. Is it safe to DROP DATABASE template1 and recreate
it with dump from different cluster? (Currently I have 7.4.1 available
on other machine.)

Thanks for any advice. It's not critical, but I'm too lazy to clear
everything manually ;-).

--
Michal Taborsky
http://www.taborsky.cz

Re: Restoring template1

From
Ian Barwick
Date:
On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 10:50:23 +0200, Michal Taborsky <michal@taborsky.cz> wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> I had a weak moment and accidentally ran a dump restore script on
> template1 instead of proper database. So my template1 is now polluted
> with many tables, sequences and the like.
>
> Is there a way to restore a pristine template1? I haven't done any
> modifications to it, so I'd be good with the one distributed with
> default installation. Is it safe to DROP DATABASE template1 and recreate
> it with dump from different cluster? (Currently I have 7.4.1 available
> on other machine.)
>
> Thanks for any advice. It's not critical, but I'm too lazy to clear
> everything manually ;-).

try:
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/techdocs/pgsqladventuresep1.php

HTH