Restoring template1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michal Taborsky
Subject Restoring template1
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi there.

I had a weak moment and accidentally ran a dump restore script on
template1 instead of proper database. So my template1 is now polluted
with many tables, sequences and the like.

Is there a way to restore a pristine template1? I haven't done any
modifications to it, so I'd be good with the one distributed with
default installation. Is it safe to DROP DATABASE template1 and recreate
it with dump from different cluster? (Currently I have 7.4.1 available
on other machine.)

Thanks for any advice. It's not critical, but I'm too lazy to clear
everything manually ;-).

--
Michal Taborsky
http://www.taborsky.cz