Send a variable 123k

From
"Edwin Quijada"
Date:
Hi!
I am using Delphi and ZeosDBO to coneect to my PG Server 7.3.4 using
libpq7.2 Now my problem is this:
I need to store a picture into my DB. I am converting this into text Base64
and store it into text field. Everything looked fine but when I did the
insert I got an error about pqread() and this was disconnected. Seem a text
so big it is not supported for pqread().
Somebody has idea or clue to send this text into my database ?
I know about the split the text but I am trying dont do that.

*-------------------------------------------------------*
*-Edwin Quijada
*-Developer DataBase
*-JQ Microsistemas
*-809-747-2787
* " Si deseas lograr cosas excepcionales debes de hacer cosas fuera de lo
comun"
*-------------------------------------------------------*

MSN Amor: busca tu ½ naranja http://latam.msn.com/amor/

Re: Send a variable 123k

From
Jeff
Date:
On Mar 15, 2004, at 11:57 AM, Edwin Quijada wrote:

> I need to store a picture into my DB. I am converting this into text
> Base64 and store it into text field. Everything looked fine but when I
> did the insert I got an error about pqread() and this was
> disconnected. Seem a text so big it is not supported for pqread().

well. it SHOULD support text that big.  Was there anything in the log?

Also, you may want to consider bytea instead of base64 stored in a text.

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/