Are Triggers Synchronous

From
Shri Shrikumar
Date:
Hi All,

I am not sure if this is the right list for this question, so if its
not, I would appreciate a pointer in the right direction.

Anyways, I would like to know if triggers are synchronous in Postgresql.
I have a PHP application and when executing a query, I would like the
queries to wait until the triggers have completed execution before
returning to the application.

Is this possible?

Thanks and best wishes,

Shri

Shri Shrikumar       U R Byte Solutions           Tel:   0845 644 4745
I.T. Consultant         Edinburgh, Scotland          Mob:   0773 980 3499
                     Web: www.urbyte.com          Email: shri@urbyte.com

Attachment

Re: Are Triggers Synchronous

From
Gaetano Mendola
Date:
Shri Shrikumar wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am not sure if this is the right list for this question, so if its
> not, I would appreciate a pointer in the right direction.
>
> Anyways, I would like to know if triggers are synchronous in Postgresql.
> I have a PHP application and when executing a query, I would like the
> queries to wait until the triggers have completed execution before
> returning to the application.
>
> Is this possible?

Of course the trigger are synchronous but you can define it on these
events:

1) INSERT
2) UPDATE
3) DELETE

what you can do with an insert is a RULE instead.

Gaetano.