Are Triggers Synchronous - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shri Shrikumar
Subject Are Triggers Synchronous
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi All,

I am not sure if this is the right list for this question, so if its
not, I would appreciate a pointer in the right direction.

Anyways, I would like to know if triggers are synchronous in Postgresql.
I have a PHP application and when executing a query, I would like the
queries to wait until the triggers have completed execution before
returning to the application.

Is this possible?

Thanks and best wishes,

Shri

Shri Shrikumar       U R Byte Solutions           Tel:   0845 644 4745
I.T. Consultant         Edinburgh, Scotland          Mob:   0773 980 3499
                     Web: www.urbyte.com          Email: shri@urbyte.com

Attachment