Lyris -> PG 7.1.3

From
John Smith
Date:
I was reading this:

http://lyris.com/products/listmanager/db_defined.html

It says PG 7.1.3 is required. Fairly old version,
isn't it? Would newer versions of PG not work?

http://calendar.yahoo.com

Re: Lyris -> PG 7.1.3

From
John Smith
Date:
I got this reply back:

Our next version release of ListManager will allow you
to work with the latest version of PostgreSQL. We
currently support 7.13

That said I've heard some people got it to work with
later versions.

Regards,
Dave

Any idea what problems/obstacles there might be using
newer versions (I have 7.3.3)? system table layout
changes, ...?

What are the major differences between 7.1.x and
7.3.x?

TIA,
John

--- John Smith <john_smith_45678@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I was reading this:

http://lyris.com/products/listmanager/db_defined.html

> It says PG 7.1.3 is required. Fairly old version,
> isn't it? Would newer versions of PG not work?

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Re: Lyris -> PG 7.1.3

From
Bruno Wolff III
Date:
On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 09:27:25 -0700,
  John Smith <john_smith_45678@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I got this reply back:
>

> Our next version release of ListManager will allow you
> to work with the latest version of PostgreSQL. We
> currently support 7.13
>
> That said I've heard some people got it to work with
> later versions.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
> >>

> Any idea what problems/obstacles there might be using
> newer versions (I have 7.3.3)? system table layout
> changes, ...?

There are some system table layout changes but that probably won't
matter as that application is unlikely to be looking at system tables
directly. I think there was a protocol change which might cause problems
if you can't relink the list manager with a more recent version of
the client that connects to the database.

> What are the major differences between 7.1.x and
> 7.3.x?

Mostly stuff was added, but you generally won't have to worry about that.
Some implicit casts were dropped and that might cause you problems.
The pg_hba.conf format changed and you won't be able to directly use
the one you have already.