Re: Lyris -> PG 7.1.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: Lyris -> PG 7.1.3
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 09:27:25 -0700,
  John Smith <john_smith_45678@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I got this reply back:
>

> Our next version release of ListManager will allow you
> to work with the latest version of PostgreSQL. We
> currently support 7.13
>
> That said I've heard some people got it to work with
> later versions.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
> >>

> Any idea what problems/obstacles there might be using
> newer versions (I have 7.3.3)? system table layout
> changes, ...?

There are some system table layout changes but that probably won't
matter as that application is unlikely to be looking at system tables
directly. I think there was a protocol change which might cause problems
if you can't relink the list manager with a more recent version of
the client that connects to the database.

> What are the major differences between 7.1.x and
> 7.3.x?

Mostly stuff was added, but you generally won't have to worry about that.
Some implicit casts were dropped and that might cause you problems.
The pg_hba.conf format changed and you won't be able to directly use
the one you have already.