An interesting document? May be in non-traditional way

From
"Shridhar Daithankar"
Date:
Hi guys,

Look at  http://faemalia.org/wiki/view/Technical/PostgreSQLvsMySQL.

Bumped into this while reading /. thread of rjava performance. Frankly I don't
know where to start and where to put an answer.

But being a wiki, it should not take much time to put up some points but what
points to put up and in what order is a bit tedious question..:-)

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Worlds are conquered, galaxies destroyed -- but a woman is always a woman.        --
Kirk, "The Conscience of the King", stardate 2818.9

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] An interesting document? May be in non-traditional

From
Gavin Sherry
Date:
On Sun, 18 May 2003, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Look at  http://faemalia.org/wiki/view/Technical/PostgreSQLvsMySQL.
>
> Bumped into this while reading /. thread of rjava performance. Frankly I don't
> know where to start and where to put an answer.

Hmm. It is one of the more reasonable appraisals I've seen of the two
databases. I'm just wondering how the author concluded that MySQL was a
little better than PostgreSQL when he was so critical of the backup,
replication and DDL implementations under MySQL. I would have thought they
would be real show stoppers.

Gavin