Re: [pgsql-advocacy] An interesting document? May be in non-traditional - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gavin Sherry
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] An interesting document? May be in non-traditional
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 18 May 2003, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Look at  http://faemalia.org/wiki/view/Technical/PostgreSQLvsMySQL.
>
> Bumped into this while reading /. thread of rjava performance. Frankly I don't
> know where to start and where to put an answer.

Hmm. It is one of the more reasonable appraisals I've seen of the two
databases. I'm just wondering how the author concluded that MySQL was a
little better than PostgreSQL when he was so critical of the backup,
replication and DDL implementations under MySQL. I would have thought they
would be real show stoppers.

Gavin