Postgres Compare

From
"Pedro C. Arias"
Date:
Hello, anybody have any url or document comparing PostgreSQL Vs. MS-SqlSever ?

Thanks

Pedro
Rosario-Argentina

Re: Postgres Compare

From
"Cristina Surroca"
Date:
Here compares PostgreSQL MySQL and Oracle,,, I was looking for something like this and the only thing I found was it:

yours

Cris..
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 2:15 PM
Subject: [GENERAL] Postgres Compare

Hello, anybody have any url or document comparing PostgreSQL Vs. MS-SqlSever ?

Thanks

Pedro
Rosario-Argentina

Re: Postgres Compare

From
Robert Treat
Date:
http://www.mysql.com/information/crash-me.php?ms_sql=on&postgres=on

Due to the source of the data, take it with a grain of salt, but it will
give you a good basic comparison of postgresql vs. m$ sql server. Please
note the comparison is against postgresql 7.2.2; we've added a
significant number of features since then. Also don't forget this
comparison leaves out important features like postgresql's ability to
support 7 different procedural languages.

Robert Treat

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 15:01, Cristina Surroca wrote:
> Here compares PostgreSQL MySQL and Oracle,,, I was looking for something
> like this and the only thing I found was it:
>
> http://det-dbalice.if.pw.edu.pl/det-dbalice/documents/all/html/db_compar
> e/db_compar_chp06.html
> <http://det-dbalice.if.pw.edu.pl/det-dbalice/documents/all/html/db_compa
> re/db_compar_chp06.html>
> yours
>
> Cris..

Re: Postgres Compare

Well the article seems to be comparing a pre 7.1 postgresql with others.
the planner has undergone many imporvements since then.

regds mallah.

> Here compares PostgreSQL MySQL and Oracle,,, I was looking for something like this and the only
> thing I found was it:
>
> http://det-dbalice.if.pw.edu.pl/det-dbalice/documents/all/html/db_compare/db_compar_chp06.html
> yours
>
> Cris..