PgLOGd

From
"Thomas T. Thai"
Date:
I stumbled on PgLOGd and what I read was wonderful. If you use it, I'd
like to hear of your comments. Unfortunately the last update was
over a year ago. Anyone know if Matthew Hagerty is still working on it?

The nice thing about it is that it works regardless of Apache API changes.
And no additional spawning of child process as with using pipe with
logging tools.

And ofcourse it requires Postgresql.

--
Thomas T. Thai

Re: PgLOGd

From
Mike Benoit
Date:
I installed it a few weeks ago on a test box and was quite impressed. It
has some very nice features to handle cases when the database can't
handle the load or if it goes down completely. I haven't used it in a
production enviroment yet, but I would like to.

--
Best Regards,

Mike Benoit
NetNation Communications Inc.
Systems Engineer
Tel: 604-684-6892 or 888-983-6600
 ---------------------------------------

 Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are my own and not
 necessarily those of my employer

Re: PgLOGd

From
Date:
> I installed it a few weeks ago on a test box and was quite impressed. It
> has some very nice features to handle cases when the database can't
> handle the load or if it goes down completely. I haven't used it in a
> production enviroment yet, but I would like to.

After testing it, I put it on a production server. Been running since last
night without any problems. With an insert on each web page load, it does
kick up the server load on the Postgresql server.

PgLOGd is a very effective solution for a server farm. No need to worry
about rotating logs and gluing them all together.

Thomas