Online docs down again

From
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Date:

Re: Online docs down again

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 04:37:09PM -0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> The online documentation appears to be down again:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=1&file=index.html
>
> Warning: pg_result(): supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL result resource in
/usr/local/www/www.postgresql.org/globals.phpon line 184

I think the script should check return codes and mail the author
immediately if something is wrong... we have this kind of report all too
often, IMHO.

"El destino baraja y nosotros jugamos" (A. Schopenhauer)

Re: Online docs down again

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 11:49, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 04:37:09PM -0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
>
> > The online documentation appears to be down again:
> >
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=1&file=index.html
> >
> > Warning: pg_result(): supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL result resource in
/usr/local/www/www.postgresql.org/globals.phpon line 184

> I think the script should check return codes and mail the author
> immediately if something is wrong... we have this kind of report all too
> often, IMHO.

Way way too often imho. I've done a fair bit of hacking to try and get
the current problem with the docs resolved, if anyone see a problem at
this point to please report it as I'm still concerned there might be
some issues under the radar. While this kind of stuff really sucks,
hopefully this will spur some action (or delegation) from the powers
that be...

Robert Treat

Re: [webmaster] Online docs down again

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Dave Page wrote:

> It's rumoured that Alvaro Herrera once said:
> > On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 04:37:09PM -0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> >
> >> The online documentation appears to be down again:
> >>
> >> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=1&file=index.html
> >>
> >> Warning: pg_result(): supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL
> >> result resource in /usr/local/www/www.postgresql.org/globals.php on
> >> line 184
> >
> > I think the script should check return codes and mail the author
> > immediately if something is wrong... we have this kind of report all
> > too often, IMHO.
>
> The script does, however in this case you've seen a case I missed. The
> outtage this time is again due to the movement of part of the site to a
> new server which is something I have no control over regardless of any
> emails I'm sent.
> Regards, Dave.

And, which is now complete ... or, if I wish to retain any of my santiy
that is remaining, better be complete ... the old server has now been shut
down and, hopefully, donated to the local artillery firing range ...