Retrieve Number of rows to be DELETEd

From
"Matthew V." <
Date:
I'm using ECPG and embedded SQL.  In the C interface, there is a
PQcmdTuples() command which returns the number of rows affected by an SQL
statement.  In embedded SQL, other than doing a SELECT count(*) first, is
there a way to get the number of rows that may be/were affected by a
delete or update?

Matthew Vanecek
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except me.

Retrieve Number of rows to be DELETEd

From
Lee Kindness
Take a look in: sqlca.sqlerrd[2]

Lee.

"\"Matthew V.\" writes:
 > I'm using ECPG and embedded SQL.  In the C interface, there is a
 > PQcmdTuples() command which returns the number of rows affected by an SQL
 > statement.  In embedded SQL, other than doing a SELECT count(*) first, is
 > there a way to get the number of rows that may be/were affected by a
 > delete or update?

Retrieve Number of rows to be DELETEd

From
Lee Kindness
Take a look in: sqlca.sqlerrd[2]

(and if you're going to post on a public list, use a real email
address)

Lee.