Retrieve Number of rows to be DELETEd - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthew V." <
Subject Retrieve Number of rows to be DELETEd
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm using ECPG and embedded SQL.  In the C interface, there is a
PQcmdTuples() command which returns the number of rows affected by an SQL
statement.  In embedded SQL, other than doing a SELECT count(*) first, is
there a way to get the number of rows that may be/were affected by a
delete or update?

Thanks,
--
Matthew Vanecek
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except me.