PostgreSQL IRC Channel... who's the Admin?

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Hi all,

Who's an Admin for the PostgreSQL IRC Channel (#postgresql) on
irc.openprojects.net?

The topic there is advertising some items for some guy on eBay, claiming
it supports the PostgreSQL channel, and no-one knows anything about it.

There also doesn't appear to be any IRC Admin's about.

So, does anyone know who the Admin's are, so we can get things fixed up?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

   - Indira Gandhi

Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL IRC Channel... who's the Admin?

From
Neil Conway
Date:
Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> writes:
> Hi all,
>
> Who's an Admin for the PostgreSQL IRC Channel (#postgresql) on
> irc.openprojects.net?

The only person I've seen with ops is someone called 'raja', who is
only rarely (i.e. once every couple months) in the channel. I talked
to lilo about getting Bruce ops, and he talked to Bruce about
it. Not sure what came out of that...

Cheers,

Neil

Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL IRC Channel... who's the Admin?

From
Roj Niyogi
Date:
What are the chances we could get a web-based java client (preferably open-source) to connect to the IRC channel for PostgreSQL?

Here are the ones that I found (doing a search on Freshmeat.net):

http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=java+irc+applet&section=projects&x=12&y=7

Cheers,
Roj Niyogi

Neil Conway wrote:
Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> writes:
Hi all,

Who's an Admin for the PostgreSQL IRC Channel (#postgresql) on
irc.openprojects.net?
The only person I've seen with ops is someone called 'raja', who is
only rarely (i.e. once every couple months) in the channel. I talked
to lilo about getting Bruce ops, and he talked to Bruce about
it. Not sure what came out of that...

Cheers,

Neil

Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL IRC Channel... who's the Admin?

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Hi Roj,

Not sure.  Probably pretty decent.  Reckon there's a decent level of
demand for it?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Roj Niyogi wrote:

> What are the chances we could get a web-based java client (preferably
open-source) to connect to the IRC channel for PostgreSQL?

Here are the ones that I found (doing a search on Freshmeat.net):

http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=java+irc+applet§ion=projects&x=12&y=7

Cheers,
Roj Niyogi

   - Indira Gandhi

Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL IRC Channel... who's the Admin?

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Hi Neil,

Cool.  It's fixed now.  We've just recreated the channel and started
giving operator access to the right people.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Neil Conway wrote:

> Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> writes:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Who's an Admin for the PostgreSQL IRC Channel (#postgresql) on
> > irc.openprojects.net?
>
> The only person I've seen with ops is someone called 'raja', who is
> only rarely (i.e. once every couple months) in the channel. I talked
> to lilo about getting Bruce ops, and he talked to Bruce about
> it. Not sure what came out of that...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Neil
>
> --
> Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> || PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

   - Indira Gandhi

Re: PostgreSQL IRC Channel... who's the Admin?

From
"Marc G. Fournier"

*** Topic for #postgresql: 7.3Beta4 is now out, expect RC1 by the end of the
    week
*** Topic for #postgresql set by DarcyB_ on Nov  4 17:54:40

Note that we are all on #EfNet servers ...