multiple databases

From
"peter"
Date:
I need to create a recordset in vb which combines a view/table from 2
different databases.  Is this possible?  in mssql you could go
dbo.databasename.tablename.  Can it be done in vb code?

Thanks for any help

Peter

Re: multiple databases

From
Neil Conway
Date:
"peter" <peter@peter.com> writes:
> I need to create a recordset in vb which combines a view/table from 2
> different databases.  Is this possible?

http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/faq-english.html#4.24

In 7.3, you can write queries that access multiple schemas; depending
on your needs, that might be sufficient.

Cheers,

Neil

Re: multiple databases

From
Robert Treat
Date:
It should be possible to do it within VB by opening a connection to each
database, getting results from each database, then munging them together
in vb. If you want to do it within the db, check out the dblink module
from contrib which might suite your needs.

Robert Treat