news.postgresql.org?

From
Thomas F.O'Connell
Date:
i'm suffering from withdrawal. is there any hope of the news server
returning from the dead any time soon?

-tfo

Re: news.postgresql.org?

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
Okay, now I'm confused ... but its up and running and ppl are connecting
to it ... what sorts of problems are you seeing?

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Thomas F.O'Connell wrote:

> i'm suffering from withdrawal. is there any hope of the news server
> returning from the dead any time soon?
>
> -tfo

Re: news.postgresql.org?

From
"Gavin M. Roy"
I get:

If you can see this, it means that the installation of the Apache web
server <http://www.apache.org/foundation/preFAQ.html> software on this
system was successful. You may now add content to this directory and
replace this page.

:(

Gavin

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>Okay, now I'm confused ... but its up and running and ppl are connecting
>to it ... what sorts of problems are you seeing?
>

>On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Thomas F.O'Connell wrote:
>

>>i'm suffering from withdrawal. is there any hope of the news server
>>returning from the dead any time soon?
>>
>>-tfo

>http://archives.postgresql.org

Scanned by Sophos Anti-Virus v3.59TPOS, MIMEDefang v2.19,
and Spam Assassin v2.31 on satchel.bteg.net

Re: news.postgresql.org?

From
Joe Conway
Date:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> Okay, now I'm confused ... but its up and running and ppl are connecting
> to it ... what sorts of problems are you seeing?

It's been down every time I've tried the past week or so. That is, right up
until after Thomas sent in his email -- then it started working (and it still
is working as I write this). I assumed you must have fixed the problem.

Joe

Re: news.postgresql.org?

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
huh? :)

Date:
On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Joe Conway wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > Okay, now I'm confused ... but its up and running and ppl are connecting
> > to it ... what sorts of problems are you seeing?
> >

> It's been down every time I've tried the past week or so. That is, right up
> until after Thomas sent in his email -- then it started working (and it still
> is working as I write this). I assumed you must have fixed the problem.

that's the thing, I don't think I fixed anything :(  I'm going to start to
read news more often though, so that I can hopefully catch any problems
faster ...

Re: news.postgresql.org?

From
Thomas F.O'Connell
Date:
for instance, i cannot connect, at the moment. i can give you my IP, if
it would help...

-tfo

On Thursday, October 10, 2002, at 10:42 , Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Joe Conway wrote:
>
>> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>> Okay, now I'm confused ... but its up and running and ppl are
>>> connecting
>>> to it ... what sorts of problems are you seeing?
>>>

>> It's been down every time I've tried the past week or so. That is,
>> right up
>> until after Thomas sent in his email -- then it started working (and
>> it still
>> is working as I write this). I assumed you must have fixed the problem.
>
> that's the thing, I don't think I fixed anything :(  I'm going to start
> read news more often though, so that I can hopefully catch any problems
> faster ...

Re: news.postgresql.org?

From
Vince Vielhaber
Date:
On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Thomas F.O'Connell wrote:

> for instance, i cannot connect, at the moment. i can give you my IP, if
> it would help...

Can you define "cannot connect"?  It's possible your newsreader isn't
sharing this info, but just in case, is it because the connection's
refused, no route to host, host isn't responding, the server's saying
it can't accept any more connections for some reason?  Any error codes
that might be helpful?