Query analyzer for postgresql wanted

From
pginfo
Date:
Hi all,

I post it for second time ( sorry about it.).

I need to have a good query analyzer by develompment.
I am new to postgresql and I are working with oracle for many years.
I oracle exist very good tool, that point me exact for mistake in my
query.

For examplme :
select A.a,( 15 + A.b) .... from mytable A ... where A.id in ( select
....)

If I make mistake in posgres ( I use pgAdmin), I only receive message:
"error near '('" (for example).
Bu in my query I can have many '('.

In oracle I receive:
select A.a,( 15 + A.b) .... from mytable A ... where A.id in ( select
....)
                 * (error ... ).

And I can very quick get the error.

Exist any good tools for this in postgresql?

Many thanks,
Ivan.

information

From
Florian Litot
Date:
hi,

Somebody saw comparaisons of productivity for RDBMS?
or somebody do comparaisons?

thanks

Re: information

From
Robert Treat
Date:
http://www.mysql.com/information/crash-me.php

this has a pretty good feature comparison, but if your looking for
benchmarks, keep in mind that it's done by the mysql folks and probably
biased for them. also note the latest postgresql version they have is
7.1.1

Robert Treat

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 11:30, Florian Litot wrote:
> hi,
>
> Somebody saw comparaisons of productivity for RDBMS?
> or somebody do comparaisons?
>
> thanks

Re: information

From
"scott.marlowe"
Date:
On 16 Oct 2002, Robert Treat wrote:

> http://www.mysql.com/information/crash-me.php
>
> this has a pretty good feature comparison, but if your looking for
> benchmarks, keep in mind that it's done by the mysql folks and probably
> biased for them. also note the latest postgresql version they have is
> 7.1.1

That's cause most of their advantages went away with the introduction
of 7.2.x.  Oh, wait, they couldn't figure out vacuum.  Yeah, that's the
ticket.  And a giant monster stole their test server.  yeah, and and and.

well you get the picture. :-)