UDFs, table functions, returning rows

From
Vasco Amaral
Date:
Hi everyone,

I've posted already this message in the pgsql-novice but I got no reply.

I'm trying to find some information/examples on how to build C/C++ UDF's
for PostgreSQL, and I'm probably not looking in the right places...

In fact, I need some descriptions on how to build a Table function that gets a
row and returns a new resulting row. Some information on the data structures
to deal with etc...

Does anyone can help me?

regards,
Vasco

Re: UDFs, table functions, returning rows

From
nconway@klamath.dyndns.org (Neil Conway)
Date:
On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 03:44:58PM +0200, Vasco Amaral wrote:
> In fact, I need some descriptions on how to build a Table function that gets a
> row and returns a new resulting row. Some information on the data structures
> to deal with etc...

Support for this was recently added to the development version of
PostgreSQL. If you'd like to use it, check the source out of CVS,
and consult the development version of the documentation at
http://developer.postgresql.org -- there are some docs on table
functions (in the Programmer's Guide).

Cheers,

Neil