Solaris Install

From
" Sonia Sanchez Diaz"
Date:
Hello there!

 I'm trying to install Postgres 7.1.3 on Solaris 8, but when I execute:

 /usr/local/pgsql/initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

 The next error appear on console:

 The program
     '/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres'
 needed by initdb does not belong to PostgreSQL version 7.1.3, or
 there may be a configuration problem.

 This was the error message issued by that program:
 ld.so.1: /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres: fatal: libz.so: open failed: No
such
 file or directory

 I have installed zlib libraries, so I don't understand very well the
message
 error, Can anybody help me, please?

 Regards
 Sonny

--
Los amigos verdaderos se hieren con verdades,
para no perderse con mentiras

Re: Solaris Install

Date:
" Sonia Sanchez Diaz" <sonny@piaget.dgsca.unam.mx> writes:
>  This was the error message issued by that program:
>  ld.so.1: /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres: fatal: libz.so: open failed: No
> such
>  file or directory

Make sure you have set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include whereever libz lives;
or move that library into a more standard directory.

            regards, tom lane

Solaris Install again...

From
" Sonia Sanchez Diaz"
Date:
Thank's to Tom for the answer, I exported the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but I got the
next error....

IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget(key=1, num=17, 03600) failed: No space left on
device

This error does *not* mean that you have run out of disk space.

It occurs either because system limit for the maximum number of
semaphore sets (SEMMNI), or the system wide maximum number of
semaphores (SEMMNS), would be exceeded.  You need to raise the
respective kernel parameter.  Look into the PostgreSQL documentation
for details.

initdb failed.
Removing temp file /tmp/initdb.23829.

Re: Solaris Install again...

From
Martín Marqués
Date:
On Lun 04 Feb 2002 20:03,  Sonia Sanchez Diaz wrote:
> Thank's to Tom for the answer, I exported the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but I got
> the next error....
>

> IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget(key=1, num=17, 03600) failed: No space left on
> device

http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?postmaster-start.html

There is your answer.

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?