Joining Between Databases

From
"mwilliams"
Date:
Myself along with a couple of co-workers have been searching for a way to
join tables from two postgres database. So far there are no indication that
this is possible, can someone shed some light on this subject.

(P.S We are attemping to do this in the same database instance)

Michael Williams

Re: Joining Between Databases

Date:
> Myself along with a couple of co-workers have been searching for a way to
> join tables from two postgres database. So far there are no indication that
> this is possible, can someone shed some light on this subject.
>
> (P.S We are attemping to do this in the same database instance)

The current snapshot code has /contrib/dblink utility that may help.

Re: Joining Between Databases

From
Andrew Gould
Date:
I join tables from different databases using other
products such as MS Access.  I simply link the
PostgreSQL tables from different databases to the
Access file via ODBC and join the tables in the QBE
(Query By Example) window.  In fact, I used MS Access
as an intermediary to move data from MySQL to
PostgreSQL.

You can also do this with Paradox, Lotus Approach and
(I think) Perl DBI.

I don't know of any way to do this from within psql.

Best of luck,

Andrew