Re: Joining Between Databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Gould
Subject Re: Joining Between Databases
Date
List pgsql-general
I join tables from different databases using other
products such as MS Access.  I simply link the
PostgreSQL tables from different databases to the
Access file via ODBC and join the tables in the QBE
(Query By Example) window.  In fact, I used MS Access
as an intermediary to move data from MySQL to
PostgreSQL.

You can also do this with Paradox, Lotus Approach and
(I think) Perl DBI.

I don't know of any way to do this from within psql.

Best of luck,

Andrew