www.postgresql.org

From
"Kristopher Yates"
Date:
Hi,

It seems the site is down.  With all the recent news related to
Postgres, what is the future?  All the media is unclear and
questionable (greatbridge, etc).  Will the site be back up?  I cant
find my last copy of the online docs locally.. Thanks for any replies

Re: www.postgresql.org

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Hi Kristpher,

Try www.ca.postgresql.org/index.html for now, the problem you mention is
probably something transient.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Kristopher Yates wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It seems the site is down.  With all the recent news related to
> Postgres, what is the future?  All the media is unclear and
> questionable (greatbridge, etc).  Will the site be back up?  I cant
> find my last copy of the online docs locally.. Thanks for any replies

     - Indira Gandhi

Re: www.postgresql.org

From
Vince Vielhaber
Date:
> Kristopher Yates wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > It seems the site is down.  With all the recent news related to
> > Postgres, what is the future?  All the media is unclear and
> > questionable (greatbridge, etc).  Will the site be back up?  I cant
> > find my last copy of the online docs locally.. Thanks for any replies

The machine seems to be in a state of confusion right now.  I know Marc's
in process of alot of reconfiguration, perhaps it's related.

As far as the recent news, PostgreSQL.org is not, nor has it ever been
a property of Great Bridge - and vice versa.  PostgreSQL's future is
very strong and will continue to be strong.  Also Great Bridge does
not, nor has it ever owned PostgreSQL.  PostgreSQL is the product of
the PostgreSQL Global Development Group.

The site will be back up about the time someone goes up to the computer
and kicks it :) I'm guessing sometime this morning.  In the mean time
http://www.ca.postgresql.org (Canada) and http://www.us.postgresql.org
(US) are both up and running.

Vince.

Re: www.postgresql.org

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
Our upstream provider appears to have had a major core router go down
yesterday that took them several hours to correct ... all appears to have
been fixed late yesterday evening ...

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Kristopher Yates wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It seems the site is down.  With all the recent news related to
> Postgres, what is the future?  All the media is unclear and
> questionable (greatbridge, etc).  Will the site be back up?  I cant
> find my last copy of the online docs locally.. Thanks for any replies

Re: www.postgresql.org

From
Chris Bowlby
Date:
 Just to let you know, the server's were up and running and were very
stable at the time of this outage. The cause was a leading router by a
provider in the Toronto area that is a few levels above where
www.postgresql.org resides. The new version of the Code Red 2 virus hit
the router and pretty much flattened it. It appears to be able to infect
cicso routers and some unix varients...