OT: Design Books

From
David Wheeler
Date:
Hey All,

I'm looking for a couple of solid books to help me broaden my knowledge of
database design so that I can improve my designs. So what do you like?
What stuff have you read and would recommend? I'm most interested in
fundamentals of both standard relational database design and object
database design. Anything with a PostgreSQL emphasis is an added bonus ;-)

TIA!

David

--
David Wheeler                                         AIM: dwTheory
David@Wheeler.net                                     ICQ: 15726394

Re: OT: Design Books

From
Sam Tregar
Date:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2001, David Wheeler wrote:

> I'm looking for a couple of solid books to help me broaden my knowledge of
> database design so that I can improve my designs. So what do you like?
> What stuff have you read and would recommend? I'm most interested in
> fundamentals of both standard relational database design and object
> database design. Anything with a PostgreSQL emphasis is an added bonus ;-)

Hey David!  Any book with a clear description of normal forms is useful.
One I remember as being decent was "A First Course in Database Systems"
(0138613370).  Also useful is a good book on UML, which I've found is
invaluable for database design.  For this "The Unified Modeling Language
User Guide" (0201571684) is good.

-sam

Re: OT: Design Books

From
"omid omoomi"
Date:
Hi,
The one I recommend is:

Introduction to System Analysis and Design
by Igor Hawryszkiewycz
ISBN 013 896887 X

Hope that helped
Omid Omoomi