Re: OT: Design Books - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sam Tregar
Subject Re: OT: Design Books
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 19 Aug 2001, David Wheeler wrote:

> I'm looking for a couple of solid books to help me broaden my knowledge of
> database design so that I can improve my designs. So what do you like?
> What stuff have you read and would recommend? I'm most interested in
> fundamentals of both standard relational database design and object
> database design. Anything with a PostgreSQL emphasis is an added bonus ;-)

Hey David!  Any book with a clear description of normal forms is useful.
One I remember as being decent was "A First Course in Database Systems"
(0138613370).  Also useful is a good book on UML, which I've found is
invaluable for database design.  For this "The Unified Modeling Language
User Guide" (0201571684) is good.

-sam