Slightly OT: Open Source database design tool?

From
Fran Fabrizio
Date:
Sorry to ask this here but open source database users are the best folks
to ask this question...

Does there exist an open source (or very inexpensive) relational
database design tool for linux that I could use to design the structure
of a relational database?

What tools if any are you folks using?  My trusty pencil and paper work
fine for me but we'd like something a little more
permanent/digital/distributable/intelligent.  Thanks!

-Fran

Re: Slightly OT: Open Source database design tool?

From
Sean Chittenden
Date:
> Sorry to ask this here but open source database users are the best folks
> to ask this question...
>
> Does there exist an open source (or very inexpensive) relational
> database design tool for linux that I could use to design the structure
> of a relational database?
>
> What tools if any are you folks using?  My trusty pencil and paper work
> fine for me but we'd like something a little more
> permanent/digital/distributable/intelligent.  Thanks!

    Try dia...   I think it has some of the functionality you're
seeking.  I haven't used it in a while, but you might want to check it
out.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden

Attachment

Re: Slightly OT: Open Source database design tool?

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Hi,

There are a few links to Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD)
tools/programs at :

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/oresources.php#erdtools

Hope they are useful.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Sean Chittenden wrote:

> > Sorry to ask this here but open source database users are the best folks
> > to ask this question...
> >
> > Does there exist an open source (or very inexpensive) relational
> > database design tool for linux that I could use to design the structure
> > of a relational database?
> >
> > What tools if any are you folks using?  My trusty pencil and paper work
> > fine for me but we'd like something a little more
> > permanent/digital/distributable/intelligent.  Thanks!
>
>         Try dia...   I think it has some of the functionality you're
> seeking.  I haven't used it in a while, but you might want to check it
> out.  -sc
>
> --
> Sean Chittenden

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster