Accessing two differents database in a SELECT

From
Hervé Piedvache
Date:
Hi,

How and is it possible to access to two differents tables which are
stored in two differents database ?

Will it be possible one day ?

Thanks for your answers,
--
Hervé

RE: Accessing two differents database in a SELECT

From
Nicolas Huillard
Date:
If you use Perl, I think there is a DBI proxy driver.
It works as a DBI driver for the script that uses the DB, but in fact
redirects queries as a proxy, to whatever you want. Maybe it can redirect
queries to many DB's ?
You will just have problem with joins...

NH

Andrew Gould
Date:
I use MS Access as a front-end to PostgreSQL.  Not
only can I link tables from different PostgreSQL
databases, but I can link tables from different ODBC
compliant database products such as MySQL, MS Access,
PostgreSQL, and Sybase.

I hope this helps,

Andrew Gould

--- Herv� Piedvache <herve@elma.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How and is it possible to access to two differents
> tables which are
> stored in two differents database ?
>
> Will it be possible one day ?
>
> Thanks for your answers,
> --
> Herv�

Re: Accessing two differents database in a SELECT

From
Stacy Cornbread
Date:
Andrew Gould wrote:

> I use MS Access as a front-end to PostgreSQL.  Not
> only can I link tables from different PostgreSQL
> databases, but I can link tables from different ODBC
> compliant database products such as MySQL, MS Access,
> PostgreSQL, and Sybase.

    UnixODBC provides a database manager that, surprise, works
via ODBC also. Might be worth a look if you're not using Windows.