upgrading a database with large objects

From
"Henry T. So Jr."
Date:
Is there a howto or some other sort of document that details what I should do
to upgrade my PostgreSQL 7.0.x database (which has large objects) to a 7.1.x
database? Do I have to write a progrem to do it? Or am I just too worried
about it because it will be handled auto-magically?

Henry.

Re: upgrading a database with large objects

From
Lamar Owen
Date:

Re: upgrading a database with large objects

Date:
"Henry T. So Jr." <henryso@earthling.net> writes:
> Is there a howto or some other sort of document that details what I should do
> to upgrade my PostgreSQL 7.0.x database (which has large objects) to a 7.1.x
> database? Do I have to write a progrem to do it? Or am I just too worried
> about it because it will be handled auto-magically?

The easiest way is to use 7.1.2 or later pg_dump to dump your old
database; pg_dump now knows about LOs, and it will still talk to your
old server.  Read the man page though; I don't believe that LO dumping
is on by default.

            regards, tom lane

Re: upgrading a database with large objects

From
Lee Kwok Shing
Date:
Hello,

Sorry to break in, since I encounters the same problem...

I tried this method, but the pg_dumplo complains that

pg_dumplo: Failed to get LO OIDs:
ERROR:  Relation 'pg_largeobject' does not exist

Exported 0 large objects.

Thanks a lot !
Lee Kwok Shing