pl-perl setup?

From
Jeff Boes
Date:
Hello, I'm fairly new to PostgreSQL. Does anyone have a resource for setting
up plperl from scratch? The online documentation doesn't offer much help.

--
Jeff Boes                                             vox 616.226.9550
Database Engineer                                     fax 616.349.9076

Re: pl-perl setup?

From
Feite Brekeveld
Jeff Boes wrote:

> Hello, I'm fairly new to PostgreSQL. Does anyone have a resource for setting
> up plperl from scratch? The online documentation doesn't offer much help.

It's relatively simple.

Change to the dir:

src/pl/perl

READ the README and onther docs ,  build the plperl.o and install it.

Do a createlang on your database to install it.

That's it.

Regards,

Feite

> --
> Jeff Boes                                             vox 616.226.9550
> Database Engineer                                     fax 616.349.9076
> Nexcerpt, Inc.                                      jboes@nexcerpt.com

Feite Brekeveld
feite.brekeveld@osiris-it.nl
http://www.osiris-it.nl

Re: pl-perl setup?

From
Jeff Boes
Date:
On Fri, 25 May 2001 23:26:17 +0200
Feite Brekeveld <feite.brekeveld@osiris-it.nl> wrote:

> It's relatively simple.
>
> Change to the dir:
>
> src/pl/perl

I don't seem to have this directory anywhere on my system. I guess I don't have the source distribution installed!

--
Jeff Boes                                             vox 616.226.9550
Database Engineer                                     fax 616.349.9076
Nexcerpt, Inc.                                      jboes@nexcerpt.com

Re: pl-perl setup?

From
will trillich
Date:
On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 09:29:21AM -0400, Jeff Boes wrote:
> Hello, I'm fairly new to PostgreSQL. Does anyone have a resource for setting
> up plperl from scratch? The online documentation doesn't offer much help.

if yuo're a debianista, as i am, and you're running 2.2.17 (potato),
you can't get the plperl features without major upgrades (as i
understand it). some kind folks have ported the postgresql v7
stuff to potato (whereas 6.5.3 ships with debian stable) but the
plperl stuff isn't included even in the v7 debian potato version.

    # /etc/apt/sources.list -- potato-friendly v7.0.3 postgresql:
    deb http://www.samfundet.no/~tfheen/debian potato main
    # alas, no plperl yet

#95: We are waking up and linking to each other. We are watching. But
we are not waiting.  -- www.cluetrain.com

will@serensoft.com