Re: pl-perl setup? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From will trillich
Subject Re: pl-perl setup?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 09:29:21AM -0400, Jeff Boes wrote:
> Hello, I'm fairly new to PostgreSQL. Does anyone have a resource for setting
> up plperl from scratch? The online documentation doesn't offer much help.

if yuo're a debianista, as i am, and you're running 2.2.17 (potato),
you can't get the plperl features without major upgrades (as i
understand it). some kind folks have ported the postgresql v7
stuff to potato (whereas 6.5.3 ships with debian stable) but the
plperl stuff isn't included even in the v7 debian potato version.

    # /etc/apt/sources.list -- potato-friendly v7.0.3 postgresql:
    deb http://www.samfundet.no/~tfheen/debian potato main
    # alas, no plperl yet

#95: We are waking up and linking to each other. We are watching. But
we are not waiting.  -- www.cluetrain.com

will@serensoft.com