v7.1.1 Branched, Packaged and Released ...

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
This is just a quick announcement that we have now branched off v7.1.x
from the main development tree, and are starting to dive into development
of v7.2 ...

There have been several changes since v7.1 was released, including:

Fix for numeric MODULO operator (Tom)
pg_dump fixes (Philip)
pg_dump can dump 7.0 databases (Philip)
readline 4.2 fixes (Peter E)
JOIN fixes (Tom)
AIX, MSWIN, VAX,N32K fixes (Tom)
Multibytes fixes (Tom)
Unicode fixes (Tatsuo)
Optimizer improvements (Tom)
Fix for whole tuples in functions (Tom)
Fix for pg_ctl and option strings with spaces (Peter E)
ODBC fixes (Hiroshi)
EXTRACT can now take string argument (Thomas)
Python fixes (Darcy)

With more details available in the ChangeLog file ...

This release does not require a dump/restore from v7.1, it is purely a
maintaince release ...

Any bugs please report them to pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org ...

RPMs and DEBs should be available soon ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: v7.1.1 Branched, Packaged and Released ...

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
Does this mean that we have officially released 7.1.1?  I could not
find any statements regarding 7.1.1 on the web pages...
--
Tatsuo Ishii

> This is just a quick announcement that we have now branched off v7.1.x
> from the main development tree, and are starting to dive into development
> of v7.2 ...
>
> There have been several changes since v7.1 was released, including:
>
> Fix for numeric MODULO operator (Tom)
> pg_dump fixes (Philip)
> pg_dump can dump 7.0 databases (Philip)
> readline 4.2 fixes (Peter E)
> JOIN fixes (Tom)
> AIX, MSWIN, VAX,N32K fixes (Tom)
> Multibytes fixes (Tom)
> Unicode fixes (Tatsuo)
> Optimizer improvements (Tom)
> Fix for whole tuples in functions (Tom)
> Fix for pg_ctl and option strings with spaces (Peter E)
> ODBC fixes (Hiroshi)
> EXTRACT can now take string argument (Thomas)
> Python fixes (Darcy)
>
> With more details available in the ChangeLog file ...
>
> This release does not require a dump/restore from v7.1, it is purely a
> maintaince release ...
>
> Any bugs please report them to pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org ...
>
> RPMs and DEBs should be available soon ...
>
> Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick: Scrappy
> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: v7.1.1 Branched, Packaged and Released ...

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
takes Vince a day or two to catch up ... yes, we are officially released,
and Tom just dump'd some major stats changes into HEAD ...

On Mon, 7 May 2001, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> Does this mean that we have officially released 7.1.1?  I could not
> find any statements regarding 7.1.1 on the web pages...
> --
> Tatsuo Ishii
>
> > This is just a quick announcement that we have now branched off v7.1.x
> > from the main development tree, and are starting to dive into development
> > of v7.2 ...
> >
> > There have been several changes since v7.1 was released, including:
> >
> > Fix for numeric MODULO operator (Tom)
> > pg_dump fixes (Philip)
> > pg_dump can dump 7.0 databases (Philip)
> > readline 4.2 fixes (Peter E)
> > JOIN fixes (Tom)
> > AIX, MSWIN, VAX,N32K fixes (Tom)
> > Multibytes fixes (Tom)
> > Unicode fixes (Tatsuo)
> > Optimizer improvements (Tom)
> > Fix for whole tuples in functions (Tom)
> > Fix for pg_ctl and option strings with spaces (Peter E)
> > ODBC fixes (Hiroshi)
> > EXTRACT can now take string argument (Thomas)
> > Python fixes (Darcy)
> >
> > With more details available in the ChangeLog file ...
> >
> > This release does not require a dump/restore from v7.1, it is purely a
> > maintaince release ...
> >
> > Any bugs please report them to pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org ...
> >
> > RPMs and DEBs should be available soon ...
> >
> > Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick: Scrappy
> > Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> > primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: v7.1.1 Branched, Packaged and Released ...

From
Vince Vielhaber
Date:
On Mon, 7 May 2001, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> takes Vince a day or two to catch up ... yes, we are officially released,
> and Tom just dump'd some major stats changes into HEAD ...

But this time Vince had all the info online in a matter of minutes
after receiving Marc's announcement.  It does take a while for the
mirrors to get the updates tho.  www.ca.postgresql.org *always* has
the most current info.

> On Mon, 7 May 2001, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>
> > Does this mean that we have officially released 7.1.1?  I could not
> > find any statements regarding 7.1.1 on the web pages...
> > --
> > Tatsuo Ishii
> >
> > > This is just a quick announcement that we have now branched off v7.1.x
> > > from the main development tree, and are starting to dive into development
> > > of v7.2 ...
> > >
> > > There have been several changes since v7.1 was released, including:
> > >
> > > Fix for numeric MODULO operator (Tom)
> > > pg_dump fixes (Philip)
> > > pg_dump can dump 7.0 databases (Philip)
> > > readline 4.2 fixes (Peter E)
> > > JOIN fixes (Tom)
> > > AIX, MSWIN, VAX,N32K fixes (Tom)
> > > Multibytes fixes (Tom)
> > > Unicode fixes (Tatsuo)
> > > Optimizer improvements (Tom)
> > > Fix for whole tuples in functions (Tom)
> > > Fix for pg_ctl and option strings with spaces (Peter E)
> > > ODBC fixes (Hiroshi)
> > > EXTRACT can now take string argument (Thomas)
> > > Python fixes (Darcy)
> > >
> > > With more details available in the ChangeLog file ...
> > >
> > > This release does not require a dump/restore from v7.1, it is purely a
> > > maintaince release ...
> > >
> > > Any bugs please report them to pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org ...
> > >
> > > RPMs and DEBs should be available soon ...
> > >
> > > Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick: Scrappy
> > > Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> > > primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

> > > TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster
> > >

> Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick: Scrappy
> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

Re: v7.1.1 Branched, Packaged and Released ...

From
Lieven Van Acker
Date:
Are the "nested views permission problems" fixed in this release?
If so, a dump IS necessary because of a change rule creation routines.

Thanks,

Lieven

Date:
Lieven Van Acker <lieven@elisa.be> writes:
> Are the "nested views permission problems" fixed in this release?
> If so, a dump IS necessary because of a change rule creation routines.

If you're running into that issue, you might want to drop and recreate
the affected views/rules.  That's a far cry from a database dump and
reload, though.  At least for them as has gigabytes of data ;-)

            regards, tom lane

Date:
> takes Vince a day or two to catch up ... yes, we are officially released,
> and Tom just dump'd some major stats changes into HEAD ...
>
> On Mon, 7 May 2001, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>
> > Does this mean that we have officially released 7.1.1?  I could not
> > find any statements regarding 7.1.1 on the web pages...

Thanks. I'm just wondering which version should be targeted in my new
book. I think I could write based on 7.1.1.
--
Tatsuo Ishii