Case sensitive order by

From
Michaël Fiey
Date:
Hi,

I have a problem with a case sensitive 'order by'.
On my development platform, the 'order by' clauses are insensitive
But on my production platform, they are case sensitive.
I did the same installation on both platforms, from RPMs I downloaded
(Postgresql 7.1  on Redhat 7.0).
I tried to set LC_COLLATE=C before initdb, but nothing changed.

Is there a configuration for that ? Is it a specific parameter on my system
?

Any help will be appreciated

Thank's a lot.

Re: Case sensitive order by

Date:
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Micha=EBl_Fiey?= <m.fiey@futuresoundtech.com> writes:
> I have a problem with a case sensitive 'order by'.
> On my development platform, the 'order by' clauses are insensitive

Apparently you've discovered a feature that the developers didn't know
existed ;-).  Seriously, I don't think I believe that.  Could we see
some evidence?  Also, what does the pg_controldata contrib program
(I think this is included in the RPMs) show is in your pg_control file?

            regards, tom lane

Re: Case sensitive order by

From
Bruno Wolff III
Date:
On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 09:57:02AM -0400,
  Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> =?iso-8859-1?Q?Micha=EBl_Fiey?= <m.fiey@futuresoundtech.com> writes:
> > I have a problem with a case sensitive 'order by'.
> > On my development platform, the 'order by' clauses are insensitive

Could this be a locale issue?

Re: Case sensitive order by

From
Michaël Fiey
Date:
You're right !
LC_ALL=C  explain the difference.

But I haven't found pg_controldata on my platform.
Is it installed with Postgresql 7.1 RPM for Redhat 7.0 ?

Thank's for your help

regards