Re: Oracle to Pg tool - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Oracle to Pg tool
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi All,

I'm willing to put all PostgreSQL related matter on the techdocs site,
or link to it, as the case may be.  Is that of any assistance?

Some stuff is definitely better in /contrib, as it is "already there"
with PostgreSQL, some stuff might not be.  Database conversion tools
probably are better in /contrib is my thought though...   time to
clarify rules?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > On Wed, 9 May 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >

> > > Where do people want this.  Should it be in /contrib or on its own web
> > > page?
> >
> > This is already linked on the related page.
> >
> > > I have an Xbase conversion utility too.  Where should that go?
> >
> > What's the URL?
>
> It doesn't have a URL.  It is on our own FTP site.  You can link to it,
> I guess, but it probably needs to hit a mirror that always will respond.
>
> The URL is:
>
>         ftp://ftp.crimelabs.net/pub/postgresql/contrib/dbf2pg-3.1.tar.gz
>
> but it is not on the mirrors yet.  My problem is trying to get some
> rules on what goes in /contrib and what doesn't.  My assumption is that
> loadable modules and stuff that deals with the backend internals go into
> /contrib.  That would mean our mysql stuff would be removed, I guess.
>
> --

     - Indira Gandhi