Installing in SuSE 7.1

From
Bill Barnes
Date:
Does anyone know of a package for 7.0.3 or 7.1 that
will install in SuSE's latest release.

How about the Red Hat 7.1 RPMS?

Thanks,
-Bill

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Re: Installing in SuSE 7.1

From
teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød)
Date:
Bill Barnes <kgbsoft@yahoo.com> writes:

> Does anyone know of a package for 7.0.3 or 7.1 that
> will install in SuSE's latest release.
>
> How about the Red Hat 7.1 RPMS?

Try? They require glibc 2.2, but AFAIK the newest SuSE release has this.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.

Re: Installing in SuSE 7.1

From
Martín Marqués
Date:
On Jue 03 May 2001 22:51, Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:
> Bill Barnes <kgbsoft@yahoo.com> writes:
> > Does anyone know of a package for 7.0.3 or 7.1 that
> > will install in SuSE's latest release.
> >
> > How about the Red Hat 7.1 RPMS?
>
> Try? They require glibc 2.2, but AFAIK the newest SuSE release has this.

Maybe the libs would pass OK, but (at least this happend to me with 7.0.x)
when trying to install the rpm on SuSE, it asks for chkconfig, which the damn
SuSE distro dosn't have.
Shame on them!

Saludos... :-)

--
El mejor sistema operativo es aquel que te da de comer.
Cuida tu dieta.

Date:
Martín Marqués <martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar> writes:

> On Jue 03 May 2001 22:51, Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:
> > Bill Barnes <kgbsoft@yahoo.com> writes:
> > > Does anyone know of a package for 7.0.3 or 7.1 that
> > > will install in SuSE's latest release.
> > >
> > > How about the Red Hat 7.1 RPMS?
> >
> > Try? They require glibc 2.2, but AFAIK the newest SuSE release has this.
>
> Maybe the libs would pass OK, but (at least this happend to me with 7.0.x)
> when trying to install the rpm on SuSE, it asks for chkconfig, which the damn
> SuSE distro dosn't have.

You can download and install that package too :)

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.

Re: Installing in SuSE 7.1

From
Nils Zonneveld

Bill Barnes wrote:

> Does anyone know of a package for 7.0.3 or 7.1 that
> will install in SuSE's latest release.
>
> How about the Red Hat 7.1 RPMS?

I work with Suse 6.4, but installed PostgreSQL 7.0.3 and later 7.1 quite
easily from source. So if waiting for a RPM is holding you, I'd say try
the source install, its not that difficult as you might think.

Success,

Nils

Re: Installing in SuSE 7.1

From
Bill Barnes
Date:
Thanks for the responses to my question.

Tried the RH rpm's and fell into endless layers of
dependencies.

Solved the problem  with purchase of Red Hat 7.1.

I always appreciate the efforts that listers make.
Hope to repay in kind.

-Bill