Prompt question

From
"Russell Hires"
Date:
Hello all,

I'm not currently subscribed to the list, but I do have a question. I'm
currently running version 7.0.3 (compiled myself using debuild) on
debian-m68k potato. When I start psql, my prompt doesn't look like every
example I've seen. The examples are like this: "mydb=>" My prompt looks like
this: "test=#" (no quotes, of course) I don't know if this is significant or
not, obviously it is in Linux, but in Postgres I don't know.

Thank you for any thought you may offer on this subject.

Russell

  _its_ (no apostrophe) means "the thing that it owns"
  _it's_ (with apostrophe) means "it is"

Re: Re: Prompt question

From
"Russell Hires"
Date:
> Usually you get that prompt when you are logged in as the postgres
> superuser (usually postgres).  Is this the case here?

Well, no, I'm just logged in as plain ol' me. When I created myself as a new
user I answered yes to both questions about whether I'm allowed to add other
users and add databases. Does that make me an administrator/superuser?

----------
>From: "Brett W. McCoy" <bmccoy@chapelperilous.net>
>To: Russell Hires <rhires@earthlink.net>
>Cc: <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
>Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Re: Prompt question
>Date: Tue, Mar 13, 2001, 9:52 AM
>

> On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Russell Hires wrote:
>
>> I have a question. I'm
>> currently running version 7.0.3 (compiled myself using debuild) on
>> debian-m68k potato. When I start psql, my prompt doesn't look like every
>> example I've seen. The examples are like this: "mydb=>" My prompt looks like
>> this: "test=#" (no quotes, of course) I don't know if this is significant or
>> not, obviously it is in Linux, but in Postgres I don't know.
>

> -- Brett
>     http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
> If voting could change the system, it would be illegal.  If not voting
> could change the system, it would be illegal.

Re: Re: Prompt question

From
"Oliver Elphick"
Date:
"Russell Hires" wrote:
  >> Usually you get that prompt when you are logged in as the postgres
  >> superuser (usually postgres).  Is this the case here?
  >
  >Well, no, I'm just logged in as plain ol' me. When I created myself as a new
  >user I answered yes to both questions about whether I'm allowed to add other
  >users and add databases. Does that make me an administrator/superuser?

Yes

     "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the
      kingdom of heaven...Blessed are they which do hunger
      and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be
      filled...Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall
      see God."                   Matthew 5:3,6,8