why am i able to access my db with username and ANY password?

From
"Thomas T. Thai"
Date:
i tried accessing my db with a known username in pgsql's access, but any
password works. this is even with the password assigned when the user was
created.

Re: why am i able to access my db with username and ANY password?

Date:
Have you set pg_hba.conf to use a password-based authentication method?

            regards, tom lane

Date:
On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> Have you set pg_hba.conf to use a password-based authentication method?

i just went over that doc. comning from mysql bg here. so all this is
still foreign to me. but i'm learning. btw, i'll volunteer some time for
docs as soon as i have them ;-)