Hierarchical queries in pgsql

From
"Betsemes"
Date:
Do pgsql features an equivalent to Oracle's hierarchical queries? Those that

can be done with "start with" and "connect to" clauses. Thanks.

Efrain Caro

Try Ematic.com
Where everyone can buy, or sell, new or used, products online in safe and secure manner.  Accept credit cards on your
website (no merchant account required). Get free email, web hosting, e-commerce, affiliate program and more at
http://www.ematic.com.

Re: Hierarchical queries in pgsql

From
Lincoln Yeoh
Date:
I don't think so.

I'm wondering whether that feature would make Oracle faster for hierachical
stuff, or just more convenient.

Cheerio,
Link.

At 06:51 AM 02-01-2001 -0500, Betsemes wrote:
>Do pgsql features an equivalent to Oracle's hierarchical queries? Those that
>
>can be done with "start with" and "connect to" clauses. Thanks.
>
>Efrain Caro
>

>Try Ematic.com
>Where everyone can buy, or sell, new or used, products online in safe and
secure manner.  Accept credit cards on your web site (no merchant account
required). Get free email, web hosting, e-commerce, affiliate program and
more at http://www.ematic.com.

Re: Re: Hierarchical queries in pgsql

From
Sungchul Park
Date:
> I don't think so.
>
> I'm wondering whether that feature would make Oracle faster for hierachical
> stuff, or just more convenient.

IMHO, Both of it. It was very fast and make simple DB query and schema.

> Cheerio,
> Link.
>
> At 06:51 AM 02-01-2001 -0500, Betsemes wrote:
> >Do pgsql features an equivalent to Oracle's hierarchical queries? Those that
> >
> >can be done with "start with" and "connect to" clauses. Thanks.
> >
> >Efrain Caro
> >

> >Try Ematic.com
> >Where everyone can buy, or sell, new or used, products online in safe and
> secure manner.  Accept credit cards on your web site (no merchant account
> required). Get free email, web hosting, e-commerce, affiliate program and
> more at http://www.ematic.com.

Park, Sungchul / mailto:scpark@gen128.com
gen128, inc. - The internet company powered by open source.
http://www.gen128.com / Voice : +82-2-3017-0128 / Fax : +82-2-3017-1128
238-9 poi kangnam, #601 poongjoen bldg., Seoul 135-250, Republic of Korea

Date:
> I don't think so.
>
> I'm wondering whether that feature would make Oracle faster for
hierachical
> stuff, or just more convenient.

I don't really know about that, but all hierarchical queries that I've done

have been pretty fast. And they are indeed very, very convenient.