PL/Perl

From
oberpwd@anubis.network.com (Wade D. Oberpriller)
Date:
Are there any caveats as to which versions PL/Perl works with?

I am running PostgreSQL v7.0.2 and Perl 5.005_03, and I built postgres using the
--with-perl option. I built the plperl code and copied the resulting plperl.so
into my postgres distributions lib directory. I am able to do a createlang for
plperl, but when I execute any code in a stored procedure, the backend crashes.

Any body have any ideas?

Wade Oberpriller
StorageTek
oberpwd@network.com

Re: PL/Perl

Date:
oberpwd@anubis.network.com (Wade D. Oberpriller) writes:
> Are there any caveats as to which versions PL/Perl works with?
> I am running PostgreSQL v7.0.2 and Perl 5.005_03,

5.005_03 is what I have installed here.  The only problem I've had is
that a stock Perl installation does not build a shared version of
libperl; you have to ask for one while configuring perl.

            regards, tom lane

Re: PL/Perl

From
"Edward Q. Bridges"
Date:
when i did what's described below, i had no problems at all with
PL/Perl (and, in fact, am using it for a couple of triggers that
are lightly used in a production environment)

http://www.postgresql.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/pl/plperl/README?rev=1.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-
markup

you can email me directly if you're still having trouble

regards
ed.bridges

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:58:31 -0600 (CST), Wade D. Oberpriller wrote:

> Are there any caveats as to which versions PL/Perl works with?
>
> I am running PostgreSQL v7.0.2 and Perl 5.005_03, and I built postgres using the
> --with-perl option. I built the plperl code and copied the resulting plperl.so
> into my postgres distributions lib directory. I am able to do a createlang for
> plperl, but when I execute any code in a stored procedure, the backend crashes.
>
> Any body have any ideas?
>
> Wade Oberpriller
> StorageTek
> oberpwd@network.com

Re: PL/Perl

From
"Edward Q. Bridges"
Date:
n.b. to clarify, i got PL/Perl working on RH Linux 6.2
am in the process of attempting to get it working on NT.