announce list?

From
Ned Lilly
Date:
Is there something wrong with the pgsql-announce list?  I sent something
yesterday but never saw it...

Also, as an FYI, I'm getting 404s trying to browse the archives of that
list at any recent link off of
http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-announce/

Ned Lilly                     e: ned@greatbridge.com
Vice President                w: www.greatbridge.com
Evangelism / Hacker Relations        v: 757.233.5523
Great Bridge, LLC                    f: 757.233.5555

Re: announce list?

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Ned Lilly wrote:

> Is there something wrong with the pgsql-announce list?  I sent something
> yesterday but never saw it...

apologies, must have slip'd by the moderator approval radar ... just
approved it and should be out momentarily ... if, in the future, something
like this doesn't get through, please feel free to email me to check ...

> Also, as an FYI, I'm getting 404s trying to browse the archives of that
> list at any recent link off of
> http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-announce/

Okay, just loaded up that link here and it came up quick, so not sure why
the 404 errors ... are you sure you aren't hitting a mirror?  then again,
if you are going to an explicit URL, ou shouldn't hit a mirror ...

Re: announce list?

From
"Bryan White"
Date:
> > Also, as an FYI, I'm getting 404s trying to browse the archives of that
> > list at any recent link off of
> > http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-announce/
>
> Okay, just loaded up that link here and it came up quick, so not sure why
> the 404 errors ... are you sure you aren't hitting a mirror?  then again,
> if you are going to an explicit URL, ou shouldn't hit a mirror ...

The above link works but all the links for 2000-09 and 2000-10 on the page
fail.  The 'by date' and 'by thread' links return 404 errors and the 'mbox'
links return permission denied.

Re: announce list?

From
Ned Lilly
Date:
The Hermit Hacker wrote:

>> Also, as an FYI, I'm getting 404s trying to browse the archives of that
>> list at any recent link off of
>> http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-announce/
>
> Okay, just loaded up that link here and it came up quick, so not sure why
> the 404 errors ... are you sure you aren't hitting a mirror?  then again,
> if you are going to an explicit URL, ou shouldn't hit a mirror ...

the 404 is on the linked-off pages, not the page itself.  Try any of the September or October links...